Welcome to our site, we review STD testing services and provide you with our professional recommendation where you can get tested discreetly, for an affordable price, with fast results. Getting tested is easy, all it requires is a blood and urine sample. Know your status!
One of the best and trustworthy confidential express STD testing services is STD Check. At the moment they are the only company offering a full 10 panel test which also includes Hepatitis! All tests are approved by the FDA.
The procedure is the same as with our other recommended services. You first order your test online, select a lab locations nearby, visit the lab and then wait for your results. 100% discreet and anonymous, the results of the test(s) will be available online in 1-2 business days or less and only accessible with a special login.
Why pay for testing if you can get it for free? What’s the advantages of a service like STD Check Dot Com compared to free STD testing?
- Privacy, in a free STD testing clinic virtually everybody knows why you are there. Meeting a friend, relative or neighbour in this situation is a rather unpleasant imagination.
- 4000+ lab locations to choose from. The number of free clinics is very limited in most areas, you have to drive and wait for a long time.
- No physical exam or swabbing required, just a blood and urine sample. In free clinics an exam is mandatory.
- Herpes and Hepatitis test available, free clinics normally don’t test for it.
- Special HIV early detection RNA test available, accurate after 9 to 11 days after possible exposure.
- Doctor consult included, no office visit necessary to discuss treatment if you have a STD.
- No proof of income and/or welfare eligibility necessary, low cost.
Overall, paid STD testing via a reputable service is well worth the money, results have the same accuracy, but with additional comfort, faster results and total privacy.
Sexually Transmitted Diseases and You
Although the CDC and ASHA doing a a lot of prevention work, the are more than 1 million new Chlamydia and Gonorrhea infections in the United States each and every year. Younger women and men are the biggest group of patients with STDs. Especially those two most common STDs may cause only mild or no symptoms and can often only be found with proper testing.
Chlamydia and Gonorrhea infected individuals have a significantly higher risk getting HIV when having sexual intercourse with a HIV infected person. Chlamydia is also one of the most common reasons for female infertility if an infection isn’t detected for many years. Just a few reasons to act now, there are many more!
Except for HIV, treatment is very easy and won’t hurt at all, in most cases one or two weeks of antibiotics will safely eradicated Chlamydia, Trichomonasis and/or Gonorrhea. Testing is easy and comfortable, so there is no reason not to do it, especially if you have a new partner and want to make sure you are both healthy and sexual intercourse without condoms isn’t a major risk.
There are two common ways of testing, to see a local doctor or testing center or to do a discreet test at home. Home test kits must meet high standards to be absolutely reliable, so using FDA-approved tests that physicians is vital. Do never buy any unapproved cheap tests from China or any sources that are not trustworthy!
Home tests can be done for Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Trichomoniasis and HIV, the process is simple:
- Order your testing kit, you will get a printable receipt.
- Select a professional partner lab near you location by using the ZIP code search feature on the website, the next lab is probably just 5 miles or less away.
- Get your blood drawn/provide urine sample at the lab and wait 2 to 3 days
- Once the analysis is finished you can view your results online on a secure page only you can access with your login. Your confidential test results are reviewed by a licensed doctor, no-one else has access to them.
- 100% discreet, your privacy is guaranteed. No medical records, no insurance notifications.
Although the tests are extremely accurate, please note that all STDs have a so-called window period. That’s the time you have to wait after exposure and possible infection until the bacterial, viral or antibody level is high enough for reliable testing. For Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, and Trichomoniasis this period is very short, a week on average, often only a few days. For HIV this period is significantly longer, normally three months to half a year. Testing too early could result in false negative results. A special HIV early testing method which is slightly more expensive works after 3 weeks. This more combined test looks for HIV antigen and antibodies, instead of antibodies only. The most advanced method is a HIV RNA test, which can detect the virus itself directly at about 9-11 days (sometimes as short as 6 days) after a possible infection, but it costs about $150 more than the antibody/antigen tests.
Make sure to protect yourself and your sexual partners until you have the final result if you are assuming you could have a STD, always use condoms!
Common useful blood tests
Blood tests can be used for a huge variety of purposes: allergy testing, diabetes testing, genereal health checkups, pregnancy testing, comprehensive heart health testing, cancer testing and many more, including but not limited to STDs. They often allow an early diagnosis of severe diseases, so getting your blood testing at least once a year is absolutely recommended.
A cheap, easy and discreet way is simply visiting Personal Labs, the site offers a huge variety of tests. Take control of your health care, they even offer a very good symptom checker with detailed listing a symptoms of many common diseases and dangerous health conditions.
Even better, you don’t just save a trip to the doctor’s office, but additionally get a 10% off discount with the coupon code shown in the image above. The coupon is valid for all orders, no matter which type of test, no matter how many tests. Want to save even more than 10%? Use code: PERS3NA15 for 15% off any $150+ order.
According to the CDC, there are e.g. 31 states with more than 8% of all adults suffering from diabetes, zero states with less than 5%. Heart diseases are the number one cause of death with almost 600,000 deaths in the US each year. While there is no need to panic, there are many good and valid reasons to get your blood tested now.
Home Access & Oraquick Test System
If you are looking for a cheap, discreet and 99.9% accurate HIV test only, we recommended the FDA approved “Home Access HIV – 1 Express Test System” which is available via Amazon and other retailers. A quick overview of all the advantages:
- It’s below $60, no hidden fees or additional costs
- It ships discreetly in neutral packaging as if you ordered a book or DVD
- It’s anonymous, statistical questions will be asked if the pre-registration by phone, but they are optional
- It’s officially approved by the FDA
- There a toll-free helpline number you can call if you want, optional
- Collecting the blood sample with the little lancet and specimen card is really easy
- Sealable specimen return pouch to keep your specimen card safe and
- Prepaid sealable cardboard envelope for sending you specimen back to Home Access
Bottom line: It’s almost as good as testing in a local lab or at your doctor. This isn’t an early detection test and the accuracy of the result strongly depends on following the manual exactly, step by step. For most accurate results, we recommend lab testing over home testing.
A question we get asked very often: Is there any reliable test that doesn’t require sending a blood sample anywhere, maybe something that works completely without any blood sample?
Yes, there is, but we wouldn’t recommend it. In July 2012 the FDA approved (see USA Today) the first at home mouth swab test called OraQuick. The problem is the accuracy. While 99% of the people who are HIV negative received the right result with this test, only 92% of the HIV positive people in the test group were correctly detected as carrying the virus. This means there is a chance of about 8% that the test delivers a false negative result in case you are HIV positive.
If you want to give it a try anyway, cost is about $50. It’s still much better than not testing yourself at all, but the additional comfort comes at the price of less accuracy than blood based tests. For the latest studies and other useful information, you can always check the official government website MedlinePlus with a great medical encyclopedia and the latest news on diagnosis and treatment of STDs